Friday, March 4, 2011

The Grandpa Project 2: Joy for the Journey

The Grandpa Project is simply a collection of Grandpa's.  One of mine criticized me for being gender specific-she only has grandma's.  I agree in principle but we will just have to collect and share them too.  For now....

This picture is "Papa:" Mike.  I barely recognized his crew because they have grown so quickly.  Mike's wife took this in one of those magic moments when you know an image needs to be saved forever.  I used the picture in a sermon to show what my relationship with God ought to look like, my hand comfortably in His and His people.  Grandpa's aren't God, yes even Mike, but done well they can make you think about God.  When I am a grandfather I pray that these little ones, who haven't seen the mistakes of my youth, will have a relationship that illuminates their relationship with eternity through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment