Tuesday, March 1, 2011

An Essential Book: 12 Steps and 12 Traditions by "Bill" (AA's 12 and 12)



This was submitted by a friend that I respect and admire. Any list of influential books is incomplete without The "Big Book" and the "12 and 12".  This posting flows from my friend's study of "Good and Beautiful God" by James Bryan Smith-Chapter 6.  All I can add is AMEN!

"You asked people to write on your blog about their favorite books. Here is a combination opinion of one of my new favorites and one of my old favorites:"

"In my opinion, "Bill" covers this better in Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. Carey's situation was a "no brainer" to me having been to Al Anon meetings and read The Book. Carey is someone who is well along in spiritual growth but you don't have to be at his level to give your will and your woes "to a higher power" and start turning your life around. I could understand this concept a long long time before I understood much at all about Christianity. "



Want to know more?  Go to http://www.aa.org/catalog.cfm?category=2&product=76 or feel free to message me at the email address at the top right corner of the blog's home page.  Al Anon, which is mentioned,   is a program for the friends and family members of those trapped in addiction.  You can learn more at http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/english.html or contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment