Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Grandpa Project

I am collecting pictures of Grandpas from anyone who will send them. Thought it would make a cool book but as with most things it has been done before. So, we'll put it on the Blog and see who looks at it. I find it very interesting and worthy of our time. These will be added from time to time. Send me yours and the email address above or via Facebook.






Our first installment: P.E. Williams. I am proud to know two of his granddaughters. They are both amazing and say this....

From his granddaughter Alyce, "He had an absolute sense of right and wrong, and could just look at me and I knew he knew whatever stupid thing I'd done. He had a wicked sense of humor (I have some of that, but not like him!). He loved family intensely and was a rock for all of us in the bad times. I have always felt cheated that I did not get to know him as an adult."

And from Granddaughter, Linda Rae, "Our Grandfather Williams was a man of principal. He was a self-taught tinkerer who built a HeathKit television using a HeathKit oscilloscope he also built. The US Forest Service owns five patents for devices he developed for them. He knew everything about cars. He developed the first defensive driving course for the US Forest Service in the 1950s. He just knew things. When we did something wrong, he laughed. He knew that we knew what we had done and that we knew we would be in trouble. We didn't need a lecture. That laugh is in this picture, as dark as the picture is."

No comments:

Post a Comment